EPK

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Paul Revere and The Raiders Weekend

Lavender and Lace's Celtic Winter to complete the set of patterns, Heaven and Earth's Designs Ivy, Threaded Treasures Our Grand Old Flag and Chantelaine's Water Garden. He told me at least I got more charts to cross of my list even if all they do is sit in the bottom of the deacon's bench. We also stopped off at the Vietnam memorial just off the exit in Sharon, VT, took some photos, and are starting to plan with out Rolling Thunder chapter to do a run up there this summer to place a wreath in memorial. The hotel was gorgeous! Much better than the one I work in. (I get employee discount if I stay in a sister hotel) But of course the set-up is totally differant, we don't have half the space they do. I believe that the resturant attached to it was called Trader Dukes. A lovely decore of logging cabin. Food was excelllant! Never thought of putting a maple glace and granny apple slices on chicken. Home cooking Vermont style I guessBoy! Has this vacation been busy, I'm going to need another week off just to get over this one! Since my last post was Thursday, I guess I'll start there.....My husband decided to pickup tickets to the mid-night showing of Harry Potter: And the Goblet of Fire....I'd been a bit worried about it since IMO I didn't like the last one though I love the book. I think they did fine and of course had to look out for the bits that Matthew Lewis told us all about last weekend at the convention. Only got about 5 hours sleep before we had to get up to finish packing for Vermont and New Hampshire. (I'm notorious for leaving things to the last moment.) I'll let you know now that though I love to see new places and all, I'm not too keen on the getting there part. But DH had a surprise for me, we stopped over in Grantham, and to a little cross-stitch shop call ABC Stitch Therapy. It was larger than I thought it would be. I had fun looking around with DH, even answering which patterns I didn't have by some of the designers he knew I liked. Next thing I know I have a belated Birthday presant. He picked up Mirabilia's Deepest Love, Waiting for Ships, The Queen Mermaid, Lady of the Flag and Mermaids of the Deep Blue. Also he got me. While waiting for the 3pm show, we looked around in the Christmas Tree shop, and found that they had the utility/microwave stand that we'd been looking for and was out of here in our own city, so had to get that. Later we also found a DVD that DH had been looking for and couldn't find here in Maine. The Memorial Auditorium was in the downtown area, near an outside mall. Had supper at Ri-Ra's, mostly to compare the one in our oldport. Got lucky enough to get front row seats even though we didn't get there when the doors opened.(general admission, no assigned seats) Brandon Giles was alright for the rockabilly/rock/blues. (sorry, but there was nothing really to see when he played and after seeing him four times it got old real fast) If you've never been to a Paul Revere and The Raiders concert before, it's hard to describe. It's part concert, part comedic routine and part ad-lib. You never know what's going to come out of Uncle Paul's mouth at a concert and it's even more so when there's been an mistake or something caught his fancy or just a plain ol' senior moment. (what do you expect from someone who's going to be 68 in January) I just wish I had half their energy on stage now let alone when I get between 40 and 68! While waiting for the next show we went down to a Celtic pub (Finnegan's) While waiting for our drinks, members from the VT chapter of Rolling thunder walked in, did the typical jokes about being followed and the restraining order being violated. Second show same as first except for a change in some songs/jokes for Paul and that he tripped over the cord and unplugged his keyboard. Plugged it back in, still didn't work, had to spend the rest of the evening making the sounds for the jokes instead of hitting a button. Not everyone was able to come out for the meet and greet, but I handed out the gift bags anyways and left the handing out of the others to Paul. In each bag there was a stitched Christmas ornament, the Pride,Hope,Unity I'd been working on, a blue Ty bear with an american flag embroidered on it's chest, and a christmas card since this is the closest to the season that i'd ever seen them. I even gave a Ty bear to the light tech, who has also subsituted on the drums. Seems he has the same bear, but white. He told me that now he just needs to find the same bear in red, and he'll have a set.


I hate to say it but UNH is way too far out in the boonies to do a double show viewing in. But at least the keyboard got fixed and the tech wasn't happy. Apparently they had to re-install all the software, when Paul had tripped on the cord..he'd wiped the whole lot right off. Meet and Greet this night had all six! So I gave out the second round of gifts, couldn't help myself. I'd seen some keychains that where in the shape of the instruments they play and had to get them. Darrin was surprised and I found out he'd seen them at another store but couldn't find the one he wanted...which happened to be the one I had picked up for him. (twice! probably couldn't pull that one off again if I wanted to.) Finally got my photo taken with the complete group, even though it was late and everyone was tired, and with two camera's to boot. Only one came out though. Hectic it was but I had loads of fun.

Yesterday was hectic....had to go out and buy new stuff for the kitchen. The microwave,coffee maker and toaster all went at just about the same time. (Micro has been going for years, it's only been recently that it's been really persnickity about what it will heat and what it won't) The cabinet was a pain to put together and some of the pieces don't quite match up to the holes and the doors refuse to stay on, so we went looking for hinges to replace them. I'll find out tomorrow what they have in store for us. This afternoon was the first time since this vacation started that I've been able to just sit down and veg in front of the computer. I've been playing Lineage all afternoon trying to get one of my multiude of characters up to first prof.

1 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a small world we live in. You're obviously a Mainer (I'm a misplaced one) and my mom was active in Rolling Thunder and biker scene for a few years until she crashed her Harley. She walked away from it, but it shook her up terribly. Then she got a multiple fracture of her leg (fell on the ice) and has pins in it now. No more biking, but she loved it while it lasted!

Friday, November 25, 2005 5:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home