EPK

Monday, November 14, 2005

A little Geekdom peeking through

Alright it's time to show a little geekdom. I attended a Sci-Fi convention this weekend. The guests included: Leonard Nimoy(Spock), Richard Hatch(Apollo),Richard Hurd(misc),Sylvestor McCoy(Doctor 7),Matthew Lewis(Neville Longbottom), Rachael Luttrell(stargate:atlandtis),Mira Furlan(Lost, Babylon5). Some I had no interest in seeing, others well that's a differant story. I was quite thrilled with Sylvestor, he's a bit of a clown..got a few compliments from him as well (for costume think gothic). Rachael is a sweetie, Hatch is as well. Matthew is a darling and extremely nice. (As are his parents got to talk a little with his mum and she's also a sweetie). The convention is starting to get quite expensive these past few years and it was horrible this one. But unfortunately it won't stop me from going, there's too many people I'd love to see, get an autograph from, hear tid-bits from behind the scenes, teasers about up-coming episodes, and the friends I've made over the years that still go.


This is one of the costumes that showed up at the convention this year. it's amazing! He has a voice synth in there and a blue tinted air thing for when the gun thingy goes off. Of course he won first prize, I'm a bit sorry that I never got his name.


The ankle is doing much better. Thank-you Mary for your concern, I'd forgotten I had mentioned it...It had eased up alot by the time I went to bed Friday night. Didn't think the spike heels I wore on Saturday would make my ankle feel even better but they did. So it must have been the sneakers. I just got new ones today, and new ankle high boots to off set the two I already have. (those bike rides this summer took some of the rubber off the heels)

Today I spent riding around doing a bit of geneology, didn't get much accomplished unless you count the places I had down for deaths/births in some towns, weren't correct. I've come to the conclussion that my family doesn't want to be found. Especially certian branches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, this isn't spam, or as we're referring to it in the blogosphere, splog! You might want to check out this site though, it's a new group I think you'd fit right into, composed of Science fiction fans, authors and Baen Book editors, etc.!
http://bar.baen.com
I just thought you might enjoy the gang is all! By the way, very cool Dalek pic! The Dragon cross-stitch is quite cool as well! Well, I do have to run now! I just thought I'd say hey! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and feel free to drop by my blog as well if you want to!

Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home