EPK

Sunday, December 24, 2006

update on stitching2

Here is Card Tricks and Clay's Choice side by side. They were given to the Barron Center this past week along with a no sew blanket which I don't intend to do again anytime soon.
And here are some pillows I made using squares I couldn't find matches for to make into full quilts. Two are Card Tricks the pink and green is a four block of Old Maid's Puzzle.


Blogger is being a brat and won't let me type between these last two pictures. The top is of some mice I did a few years ago and have recently donated the litter of them to the Barron Center. Can't remember where I got the pattern from. But the name of the pattern was "Not a Creature was Stirring....Not even a mouse" There was even a pattern to make them a quilt and pillow. But I didn't go that far. The picture is missing two mice, I tried to put one of each colour in the picture but Mum had confiscated my tan mouse a few weeks prior to this photo and I couldn't seem to find anymore of the black ones, though the Navy one on the far left is close. (and yes in case anyone is wondering, the arms and legs do move up and down)

The bottom picture is the Saint Andrew or Scotland's flag. you can probably guess which OECS quilt this one is going to. I have one more square to stitch that I promised the Scottish co-ordinator. It's another verse, but both square lots are filled, but you never know a third could be initatied.

I wished I'd taken a photo of the rabbits I gave to the center as well, but didn't dawn on me till after. Though I still have a few left to finish off before my entire hutch is gone, but I'm not sure when that will be. I either need to find the pattern instructions again (good luck here, it's been about 8 years since I did the last few) or take a bunny into the store and try and figure out what I need for pom-poms. Still got a few of the mice left as well, though they're only waiting for thier tails to be put on. Right now they look like that wretched butcher's knife got them. Got some elves to finish up and will donate them as well. guess you could say that I'm clearing house of crafties that are well old enough to be adopted out.

I believe that catches me up to date on the stitching front. I have two pieces in the process of being molded into blocks, one is awaiting legs while the other I think I put the legs on wrong and am wondering if I should try and fix it or leave well enough alone for the first attempt.

2 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, Amanda, you have been very busy! I hope you've enjoyed some warm & merry days during the holidays. :)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your little animals are adorable! Happy New Year :-)

Sunday, December 31, 2006 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home