EPK

Monday, November 06, 2006

a few more quilts

Here is a quilt top that I made for myself. The pattern is Jacob's Ladder. If you look closely amoungst the flowers you will see dragonflies darting about. I purposely made sure I didn't center any of the dragonflies, the darting or hide and seek look was what I was after. And believe it or not but there are a few blocks in the quilt that do have a dragon fly in full view.

Here is Puss 'N The Corner, though since I didn't use any spacers it more resembles a nine patch.And last but not least is the Lynn Nicoletti bears quilt. This was made for a lovely lady in the Shrewsbury, England area. The squares I stitched are: first row last on right, third row first and second. I believe it was two other ladies who stitched the rest of the squares and another did the piecing and quilting.

I tried posting these pictures last week but blooger refused to accept pictures. I'm going to cut this post short even though I do have time to chat but my head is pounding.

Glad you guys liked the quilt squares. Lili, I never looked at the Old Maid's Puzzle as Halloween type. But then again when I picked out the colours I was looking for an Amish style, but looking at it after your comment I can see where you would think of Halloween.

At the moment I'm trying to get the energy and the gumption to finish off some more ornaments. Between needing to try and stay relaxed and fighting with the glue bottle it's making things a bit difficult. Maybe tomorrow if this headache will go away I'll wrestle with the glue and try to get at least one more done.

Currenttly reading: Melody by VC Andrews
What's in my discman: The Clancy Brothers with Lou Killen: Best of the Vanguard Years

6 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

More great quilts. The one you made yourself is a masterpiece!

Hope your headache is soon a thing of the past!

Monday, November 06, 2006 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Pretty quilts - congratulations!

Monday, November 06, 2006 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great job on the quilts!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

The Shrewsbury lady will be thrilled to bits with her OECS quilt!
I hate using glue so I understand that you're struggling with finishing your ornies... Why not turn them into small cushions instead? Though I think you told me that you always chose ready-made cushions. Being so talented at quilting, I wonder? It might be worth trying? No mess and all...
Take care, Amanda!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Hope you've managed to conquer your headaches. Your quilts are beautiful, and I especially love the Jacob's ladder one :D

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

What great quilts, congrats hun.

hugs xxxxx

Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home