EPK

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Been a little busy..... stitching wise that is

This little crafty fox was a very simple stitch would've gotten him done in one night if I hadn't started him so late.
For the Tall Ships quilt I promised OECS here's the second tall ship. Personally I don't like this one. I like the first one I stitched much better. May be the colour scheme......
Here we have a Fly Catcher. Again another quick and easy stitch.
This ballerina will also find her way to OECS. They have a ballerina quilt in progress. I haven't had much luck in finding patterns small enough for the squares...
Here is actually two major firsts for me. This is a freebie from Victoria Sampler. It's called a Friend's Count a Teaching Bookmark. So first and foremost I've never stitched a bookmark and second this piece is a no cut Hardanger. So the second first for me is a cheaters version of Hardanger. This will be a gift for a friend of mine's mother if I can get the gumpshion up to finish it off in time for it to go through the chain of people to her. The bookmark took longer than I thought it would. Especially the border which is supposed to be a nun stitch. Took me awhile to figure out how to do it and I'm still not entirely sure if it was done right....as long as it doesn't come undone when I'm finishing it off I'll be happy.

I haven't felt much like doing anything lately. The last few weeks at work have been quite hectic. Everyone taking that last trip with the kids before school starts again and we're not quite sure what the rest was except the usually meetings, conventions, weddings, birthday's etc. We've started to slow down a little and I'm looking forward to being able to relax a little and maybe find that comfort zone of tranquility that will last hopefully for more than a few hours or a day. Thanks for all the well wishes on the back. It's been one of those things were it's fine then acts up again. With the hotel going full up so often and long it's starting up again. Will be digging out the brace again. But the slow down is looking better and better for everyone. The whole department is tired.

currently stitching: a siamese quick stitch
currently reading: Eye of the Wolf by Margaret Coel

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I love all those small pieces. The pink ballerina is great. I also like the no-cut hardanger. It's really cool. I should look for that freebie at some point. Congrats on all your finishs. I do hope your back will continue to get better.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Your work is lovely! What great finishes. I hadn't seen the VS one before, but I'll have to be on the lookout for it - it's a lovely bookmark.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, what a lot of finishes!!! I hadn't noticed the no-cut hardanger on the VS site, though I was there just the other day. Yours looks great!

Take care of your back!!

Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nice to see you back again - it looks like you have been busy! I was wondering how Fairy Flora is coming along?

Sunday, September 03, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

OECS are very lucky to have you! I just want to say how admirative I am on your commitment, Amanda!
I hope things get quieter at work soon indeed!!!...
The bookmark is on my to-do list ( no kidding!) and yours is gorgeous! The recipient will be delighted!
Lots of hugs!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, you've been busy! All those little projects are so adorable, but I love the fox overall. :D Great job on everything! I hope that work eases up a bit and gives you a breather!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Glad your work life will be slowing a little so life in general can be better balanced!

You have lots of nice finishes! Love the VS bookmark. Did you see the animated stitches on their website? Not sure if they have the nun stitch, but it's been helpful to me to see how the stitch goes. :D

Take it easy!!

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home