EPK

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

Wishing all a very Happy Thanksgiving. And if you're in the Maine area, becareful out there, it's pretty nasty! Take care all!


Thanksgiving was hectic, but also reality slapped me a good hard blow. DH and I went out with MIL to pick up my mother, sister and Gram to bring them to a resturant for T-day meal. Gran is losing her battle with alzheimers and of course she's nothing like the woman who raised my sister and I while mom had to work to make ends meet. She doesn't really talk anymore though she does still laugh. It was very hard to see a woman I knew as strong reduced to such a state. She's gone down hill very rapidly this past year.

1 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Sorry to hear about your Gran. My Grams also had Alzheimers, but one side of me loved seeing her on her "good" days, when she was like a girl in her delight of the things and people around her. Everything was new for her. I understand, now that I'm older, how heart-breaking this childishness must've been for my own Mom - it's terrifying to see a parental figure revert and change into someone unknown. I hope your Gran will have many good days.

Friday, November 25, 2005 5:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home