EPK

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fairy Flora Updated at long last!

This is Morning Wizard a freebie from Dragon Dreams. I really don't have much of the hair and beard done. What you're seeing is an illusion from the white aida and the flash, haven't finished the grey yet let alone started the white.
Carol, as you can see I haven't totally forgotten about Fairy Flora. I was quite surprised after a couple of hours of working on this piece again. Some of the spaces seemed to fill themselves in. I have about a third of a page before I find the bottom. That would make this half done. *crossing fingers* since i'm doing this well, I will stay with her till I get bored again, or I finish the halfway mark.

Thank-you all for your wonderful comments on the final finish of Guard This Keep. It was very well recieved and now has a place of honour just beside the door, so it can be seen each time someone leaves. I've already heard some wonderful comments trickling back from the now owner, from his family who've stopped by.

I'm not trying to ignore you all honest! I've just not felt very socialible lately. Not sure why. Also I've not felt much like stitching, even the small projects I stitch while watching programs. Hopefully the charity patterns I'm waiting on will arrive soon and make me pick up the needle a bit more. I've unoffically taken on finishing the stitching for one of the quilts, and one of the other ladies has kindly looked through her stash and found some patterns that will be perfect.
Hope you all have had a wonderful week and that this one will be just as kind. Night all!

16 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Your WIP's are looking good. Don't worry about not feeling like talking or stitching lately. I've felt the same way. My mind just seems to spin from one thing to the other. Just take it one stept at a time till you feel like stitching again. *Hugs*

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Fairy Flora is such a lovely design. Don't worry about not feeling like stitching/blogging. Happens to all of us! Don't force yourself, all this has to remain something you enjoy, right? :)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:45:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Both are looking great!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

been there done that :) pls dont worry about being socialable .. it happens :)

your WIP is looking good :)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Good to see these wips again!
Think we all go through ups and downs in stitching, blogging, or any other hobby/interest we have. I know my time with the computer and embroidery hoop will be curtailed soon with the return of spring weather and gardening that needs to be done here. It's all part of the rhythm of life. :)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Seems like the spring for sociability issues - it's going around like a cold virus. ;-)

Your progress pics are super.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:54:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

What a treat! It is great to see Fairy Flora is back!!!!!! Yay!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I am discovering your fairy with a lot of pleasure, Amanda! Looking forward to more updates.
I am also blogging very little, and I agree with all my fellows' comments up here!
I hope you enjoy your WE. Take care!

Friday, March 31, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Fairy Flora is moving along. I enjoy seeing your progress pictures. Thanks for sharing : )

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think we all go through our "online" moods! No worries, I will patiently wait for each post. :D

Your wizard is so cute! I love those Dragon Dreams patterns and Fairy Flora is so pretty I can see why it is flying by. (no pun intended) ;)

Hope you have a fun weekend!

Friday, March 31, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Hello Amanda!
Your projects are looking AWESOME!!!
I can relate to not feeling very sociable lately-I haven't been blogging as I am just not feeling well...something is definetely going on with me-I haven't felt great since Christmas :( and I have had to force myself to blog/comment/post or BB at all....oh well-April is a new month and I hope it is MUCH better for the both of us!
You take care and no apologies :)
We'll be here when you feel like popping in!

(((hugs)))

Saturday, April 01, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Hi! your Fairy Flora looks wonderful, i have been a bit of a stitching slump myself. So, I totally understand! I sit to stitch and put about fifteen minutes in and hop up again to find soemthing else to do. I dont' know what it is. I feel jittery and bored sorta. Well, good luck with Fairy Flora and reaching the half way mark! You can do it!
~Lana~

Sunday, April 02, 2006 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger gC said...

All Hail Bastet. (Egyptian Cats are supposed to be hailed, right?!?) Good to see your progress pics. You did a good job on 'Coffee Is Magic', btw. ;-) Keep up the great stitching and have a great day!

Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Hello,
You have some great WIP's, I especially like the Fairy Flora!
I'm new to your blog but I can share that your not alone with with not feeling like stitching or blogging at times. I know especially now when the weather is getting nicer it's a real battle to sit around to do either. It will come back eventually and you'll enjoy it even more :)

Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger lobea2004 said...

They're both turning out lovely. The Santa is so funny.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Fairy Flora is looking great, as is the wizard :) Don't worry about not blogging - we all go through stages like that ... I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get back into my routine of reading blogs etc either - too many other things taking priority, I guess ... Hopefully you'll be back to being your old self again soon {hugs}

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home