EPK

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Celtic Christmas Update At Last!

At long last here's another update of Celtic Christmas by Lavender and Lace. Between this picture and the one orginally posted in November (see post below) I can see a bit of differance even if I don't feel as though there has been. A couple more days of her and I'll be switching her out for a differant project. I know a few of you have been reading this blog either since the start or shortly thereafter, you've seen her and a couple more that I've shunted away. Now I've proven I haven't forgotten about her and she hopefully will never become a permanant UFO.
This is a christmas ornament by Glory Bee, a freebie from thier site. Stitched it on 18ct white aida which tends to be my standard for most aida stitching. With one of DMC's varigated reds. You can tell where I found the lighter bits.
I 've one more page to frog and complete on the Needlebook. No picture updates of that until the stitching is done.

Once again I thank-you all for the wonderful comments you've left for me. You are all treasures. I'm very glad to hear that I'm not the only one who cringes at speciality stitches. Being a very much self taught stitcher it makes it a bit difficult. I'm more of a hands on learner. So most books, diagrams, animations etc, usually don't help. Sometimes, but others.... Maria S. and Coral This may sound way off the wall to you and to a few others out there...but to me Colonial Knots and French knots are basically one and the same. I've seen the animation of both on the Victoria Sampler website, all it looks from my point is just a differant view of the same thing. though thanks for the thought. I've had those slinky looking things on projects just before I ripped them out. Annemarie, this is the first needlebook attempt I've made with instructions, so as far as that goes, I'll be attempting to follow them as much as possible to get a feel of making them. The designer has since put out a public version of the needlebook with a few added things to it. Click here for a veiw, at the moment it should still be the first one, since it's still so new. http://downsunshinelane.com/dragonfly.htm

Another thanks to everyone who wished me luck on my first day of work at a new hotel. It was a bit un-nerving for me at first. I tend to be a bit on the shy side so it takes me a bit to warm up to people. I've found a few muscles I forgot I had due to some of the differant ways of doing things. Tomorrow I get thrown to my own defenses! *crosses fingers* since most of it's the same I really shouldn't have a problem except remembering what this hotel does compared to the other. Everyone is so nice.

Okay peeps, it's late and I've got to get up. I'll get to your blogs tomorrow. Night!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congrats on picking up Celtic Christmas again. She is looking good! :)
I'm glad your first day at the new hotel went well! Good luck for today :)

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Yay, glad to hear your first day went well - I'm very shy too meeting people for the first time, so I know how you feel! :) Celtic Xmas is looking good, but I really love the blackwork Noel freebie - looks lovely :))

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

CC is looking great! I'm sure it's nice to get a bit done on it. :D And the NOEL freebie is very pretty.

I have to agree I can't tell the difference between a colonial and french knot...I figure if I can make the darn knot I'm doing good. ;)

Glad to hear your new job is working out well! Good luck with it! :D

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work on Celtic Christmas! I have about the same amount of work on my Celtic Summer. ;)

Keep up the great work - she's well worth it!!!

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:46:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

CC is looking so good! Happy to see her :)
I love the Noel freebie as well! Nice work :)

Have a great weekend, Amanda!

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

CC is gorgeous! I am a big fan of gold and red. I hope your new job continues to work out. I know how hard it is to get used to a new place.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Glad to read that your first day in your new job was OK.
Are you already stitching metallic thread on Celtic Christmas? I have started like that with Mama Christmas, but Angel San told me I should wait and do it last because it's a fragile thread. Now, I feel a bit discouraged thinking of long evening stitching only metallic threads. Yuck!
Your NOEL ornie looks great, I have the same DMC thread: lovely colours, aren't they?!
Lots of hugs!

Sunday, February 26, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the link for that Noel design. I have seen a couple of people stitching it, but they didn't say who designed it. I'm off to print it out now if I can.

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:21:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

I love her colors!!! WTG!

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Hey, great progress pic on CC. Love it! And I'm glad to hear that the new job is off to a good start.

I finally got my replacement PC tonight, and it's so great to visit everyone again. Thanks so much for your support during a rough time - I really appreciate it!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just been back to your blog and saw your acknowledgement to my reply to your French knots. The really is a difference between them and the colonials but stitching is supposed to be our fun and enjoyment and that's what really counts, along with the great stitching friends we have made.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Awesome job on Celtic Christmas!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home