EPK

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Coffee is Magic Finished

I'm having loads of trouble getting a good picture of all this white on white. Given up. This is what you've got. Still not sure what I'm going to put in it yet. I'm thinking of a lavender voltave and maybe a small bundle of forget-me-knots.
Coffee is Magic by Dragon Dreams is complete. The only changes I made to this pattern was the gold metalic. Usually I use krienik, which the design called for but for some reason I saw the HL after the number and didn't read further. I ended up using blending filament instead of the braid. But I think it came out alright just the same.
Sorry it's been a week since my last post. Still trying to get used to the new job and its faster pace enviroment. I was finally given a full section worth of rooms Monday. Went from 8 rooms straight to 12! Wasn't expecting that. At the other hotel this would've been a normal to slow day depending on the season. So to put it bluntly, I was a bit out of breath by the time I got done and was a bit concerned about my timing, which I was told not to let that get to me. I did fine and Angie (headhousekeeper) told me that this is the first time that someone new has done this many rooms in a day for the time span I've been there. She was pleased that I was able to handle that many rooms so soon.
DH wasn't hurt in the accident. Just minor bruising and sore muscles..mostly muscles. The worst damage was to the rear bumper. It's got major issues with cracks running all through it. He'll be taking it in to be evaluated by the claims adjuster next week. It's still drivable. Police said that it may not have cracked if this had been warmer weather, or if our van had been sitting in a nice heated area before it happened.
Not much else to report other than I've been quite tired at night lately and haven't felt like doing much. though I have finished stitching the Needlebook, but haven't had the time or energy to do the final finish on it. Most nights I've been finding myself falling asleep in the computer chair. Not good for the back or the legs for that matter. If I stay in one spot long enough (especially sleeping like that) I can end up with one or both of my cats sleeping on me. And since one is a 20 pounder that's a definate way to not be walking very well when you finally push them to the floor.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I love how you finished "praying for a cure", it's wonderful! It really shows off the stitching nicely!

Coffee is magic turned out great. I think the blending filament looks great!

12 rooms in a day sounds like a lot of work! Good for you, no wonder you are so tired. :) Glad you are enjoying your new job and I'm glad your hubby wasn't hurt in the crash. :D

Nice to see you back online! :D

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Adjusting to a new job takes lots of energy, so indulge yourself! Great job on Coffee and the prayer pocket!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:33:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Hi Amanda! Your praying for a cure is such a beautiful piece! Its a great finish, too!
Your coffee is magic is a treat to look at...
About your job, I'm not surprised to read all this... You can be very proud of yourself! Falling asleep on the puter is not a good idea though... And I know what you mean about having cats rest on your back. They keep you warm, at least!!!
Take care of yourself, Amanda, get some rest!
Hope that car case is soon solved for the best...
Lots of hugs!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:54:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Whew, that's a pretty heavy work load to get used to all at once! Congratulations for getting in the swing of it so fast.

Your happy dances are great!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:28:00 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Good news about your DH. You're not really surprised that you fall asleep behind the computer when you work that hard every day, are you? I get tired even thinking of that amount of work :o)

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

It's no wonder you're so tired! That's a heck of a lot of rooms to do in one day!! I used to work as a Secretary for the Sheraton Hotel in Auckland - and when the housekeepers used to go off work (ie strike), we'd all have to chip in and become housekeepers for a day - it's exhausting work! Hopefully you'll soon be more into a 'routine' and will hopefully regain a bit of energy again :D Your latest finishes are really lovely - great job! :D

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:01:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Hey, I missed you !! You take care of yourself and don't overdo and get run down. You sure sound busy with your new job.

Your projects are GREAT! Congratulations to you :)

((((hugs))))

Sunday, March 12, 2006 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your little pocket is so sweet! And your DD freebie - super cute!! So sorry the job is still so difficult and demanding.... I keep praying for you that it will get better...

Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger nela said...

its embroidering I am very beautiful, and it enchants the cord to me, congratulations

Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Coffe is magic looks wonderful! Great job. :)

Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:00:00 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Happy Dancing for you!!

(the coffee one is darling!)

Hope everything works out okay.

Myrna :-)

Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home