EPK

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Praying for a Cure Finish

The stitching for Praying for a Cure by Victoria Sampler is done. The specialty stitches in this one weren't the ones I was dreading..except of course for the french knots. I couldn't get a good shot of the white design and beads above the roses, kept washing out. I won't even attempt to start turning it into the actual pocket until my next day off or maybe the one after. Never done this type of finishing before, which is one reason I chose this pattern. But I want the time to be able to fully concentrate on it.

Here's the Needlebook SAL WIP I told you guys about. I only ripped out one page worth of mistakes and continued stitching till it was done. There's supposed to be numbers for the needles stitched in, but I'm leaving them out. Since I'm still unsure as to wether or not I'm keeping it or sending it on it's way sometime in the future.

The grumpy pillow did find a new home today at the Rolling Thunder meeting. Orginally won by one member it was given to the president of the group since he'd made mention of liking it so much earlier and apparently the running gag is that he's very grumpy.

Thank-you all for the wonderful comments. I think some of you may find my "not good at specialty stitches" a bit waring by now. But some of my attempts have come out looking far worse than my complaints about my french knots. I have done the scrap test, and usually fail. If the graph is good enough sometimes I can cheat my way through by counting grids. Well it's getting a bit late here, and I've got to get up early tomorrow and start at a new hotel. So I'm not sure how things are going to go or how much stitch time I'll be getting from now on. The system is a bit differant from what I'm used to. Hopefully the nerves won't keep me awake and I can at least seem semi intelligent on my first day there. Night all!

13 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Very beautiful stitching, whatever you may say.
My thoughts are with you on this first day in this new hotel. Take care!

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:11:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I hope it went well at the new hotel. Got my fingers crossed for you.

As for specialty stitches, I just dread french knots and almost always "cheat" at them!

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Congrats on your finish!! It looks great!

I love what I am seeing of the NB!

Good luck to you at the new Hotel! I know you'll do great!

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

French Knots don't work that well on evenweave/linen no matter how careful you are. That's why I use colonial knots instead. They are just a bit "fatter" and they don't pull thru. The only exception I found out about this past winter was when using #4 braid. Here a French Knot worked well. The "real" French knot has only one twist to it and not the 2, 3 or 4 some designs suggest. They end up looking like slinky toys. Best wishes for your new job.

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

All your work is lovely!! Keep working on those "specialty stitches" and you'll feel more comfortable with them. :D
Good luck with your new job!!

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your stitching is lovely. And I can understand the self critique of your specialty stitches, I can only do a couple. So kudos for continuing to try them. :D

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

Praying for Cure is absoloutely pretty! well done.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Your finish is lovely, Bastet! I hope things are going well for you at the new hotel!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time I have popped by. Please try Colonial stitches, they are so much easier and I prefer the look as well.
Hugs
Coral

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:41:00 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Beautiful stuff. I especially like the Needlebook. How are you going to finish it? Good luck at work! Hope everyone is kind and the work is okay!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Praying for a Cure looks wonderful - and I will chime in here to say your Celtic Christmas looks so nice - looking forward to seeing more of her now too :-)

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

What do you mean by start a new hotel? It was stuck in a stitching related paragraph - are you stitching one or working at one? (sorry if the question is dumb, I just wanted to ask, because I like you) - :-)

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger nela said...

your also you belong to group of dragonfly?

Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home