EPK

Thursday, March 16, 2006

death in the family

Just a note to let you all know that DH's uncle past away yesterday. We just got word this morning. He'd been ill for awhile now, but the major problem tended to be the dementia. (or at least that's the news we got) DH's mother got to see him back in January when she went to the west coast and now is quite glad she was able to make it out there. Now she's the last of her immediate family(as in siblings, she's the oldest and had to watch her youngest sibling go first then the next.) She's not taking it all too well, though she's putting on a face of being the wall. Don't know yet what's going on, since the body needs to be transported back to Maine from California and no one seems to know about the diggability of the ground. So the actual furneral could be anytime between Saturday and next month. To paraphrase an oldies song.....it never rains in 2006 it pours, man it pours. What next? Nix that....I may be jinxing myself more than usual. Like the ones who have passed on in my family, I wish I could have had an easier time to spend time with him and ask questions. He was in the military during the Korean War. He and my Great Uncle were in Germany about the same time. I had questions concerning rumours that have poured down and to find out a few other things if it wouldn't get him into trouble. But that seems to be my lot in geneolgy...I find questions and before I get around to acting on them....the person is gone. Sorry for the ranting. Normally, a death on DH's side of the family wouldn't have this much of an impact except that he was one of the ones who accepted me into the family after the engagment was annouced even though he was unable to attend the weddding. It was his youngest brother who had been the first. (not counting MIL who is a wonderful lady and keeps telling me that she is so happy that her son found me and is very happy.) And he died one year and one month after the wedding and a couple of days after his first grandchild's christening which had been delayed about 2 years.
We saw this coming just not this soon. May he finally find peace in his final resting place next to his beloved wife.

May the wind be fair and the ocean calm.
May the sky be of the bluest blue and clear.
May the Earth be forever in bloom and free of war and strife.
May the soul be free to wander the world all over and beyond the stars.

Hoo-rah!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

My condolences on your loss. (hugs)

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Amanda, I am so sorry. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss

Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

{{hugs}}

Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with your family ((((((((hugs))))))

Saturday, March 18, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger lobea2004 said...

My condolences and prayers to you and your family. Love, Bea

Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:17:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

I'm so sorry for this loss in your family. My prayers for peace and comfort for all of you.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:22:00 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, sincerest condolances.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Sorry to hear about your DH's loss!

Love the whotework on the TW design. It's nice to go 'beyond CS' sometimes, isn't it??

Come and see my blog some time, I do lots of different styles of work.

Elisabeth, UK=)

Monday, March 20, 2006 3:38:00 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

*Hugs*, my condolences hon.

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Amanda! I'm so sorry to read this! My condolences to you, DH and mil. You have written a very nice and touching tribute to your DH's uncle.
Lots of hugs!

Monday, March 20, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your DH's uncle - condolences to both of you at this time xx

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home