EPK

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Morning Wizard update/Praying for a Cure

This is how I set up the Praying for a Cure package for June.
And here is everything that I gave her. The volaive has a lavender scent. I tried to keep with a purple theme since that's her favorite colour, but some things just wouldn't co-operate with me. I'm pretty sure June doesn't know about tatty teddy, but he's cute so it doesn't really matter beyond that and the thought of course. I included the little booklet with his background story, so that she'd know why he has those stitches on him.
At last update on her condition, she has been given anywhere between 1 month to 6 months to live. But as anyone who has had a loved one with cancer it can be that or longer. But I'm not too sure with her. According to what I can gather the cancer has been spreading for a number of years now.

Here is Morning Wizard by Dragon Dreams. Getting there slowly but surely. My DVR is getting a bit full, so maybe soon I can sit down and watch and get this one done up. After this one's done, I'll be working on the squares for the Arsenal Quilt for the OCES charity group. Hopefully this will keep me motivated.

Did do a little on Fairy Flora but nothing worthy of posting. 2 hours in two weeks or so is pretty bad. But I haven't given up on her and she's still on the floor frame so there's still hope. Other activites have gotten in the way.

Update on Uncle Earl. We got news last night that the funeral will take place next month. We had heard he hadn't wanted a church service only a small graveside one. But the intel from MIL was a church service and a graveside memorial. We're getting hold of the Bugler, and when we know a bit more, see if Rolling Thunder can come and pay respects to him as well. But May is a busy month and they've already been to a few funerals for our local soldiers from Iraq. It would be nice, but not essencial.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

The Praying for a Cure packet is lovely! All the things you included are so thoughtful. And the pocket is so lovely!

Your wizard is so cute! I love those Dragon Dreams wizards. :D

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Your Praying for a Cure parcel is wonderful - your pocket is gorgeous, and the rest of the gifts are lovely, and will be well received, I'm sure :D Your DD wizard is looking great too :D

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

It's a lovely package Amanda - I'm sure she will appreciate it. Sorry to hear about the uncle. It would be nice if Rolling Thunder can make it - they've been doing great things in the State for our soldiers.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Your Morning Wizard is a joyful sight, I find him and his dragon cheering.
Your parcel for June is so thoughtful, she will be delighted. How sweet of you! I feel for her and her loved ones: cancer is so hard on people.
Bon courage for your Uncle's burial!
Take care, Amanda!
Hugs, Lili

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:01:00 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

I was sorry to read about your troubles, Amanda. The package for June is lovely, though.
I hadn't seen this DD wizard yet! Great project!

Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home