EPK

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Wee Cradle for a Wee Baby

Eventually this Wee Cradle by Work Basket (a freebie) will be given to a friend of mine who just had a baby a few weeks ago. And no the baby's name is not Floyd that's the last name. I'm not good at designing my own letters and things so I improvised.And here's the second installment of the Pansy Alphabet. Again no apologies for not ironing first.
And last but not least is an update on Spring Break. I can start to see a picture, but it wasn't till I took this shot that I actually saw it. The tuft of gray on the right is some of the Wolf's sideburns. The lighter bit on the left is part of his muzzle. The bit at the bottom is part of this mouth. If you want to see a completed picture of this piece.. If you scroll down towards the end of the blog I have a somewhat squished version with a progress bar or a little under the Profile box I have a link to my webshots album. It's there under WIPS. If you read this after an hour it's posted it should be there. I've not got it there at the moment but will after this is posted.

Not much else is going on. It being high tourist season and school vacation and such the hotel industry is quite busy. Which wouldn't be too bad in itself if a larger chunck of the guests we recieve actually have manners and a somewhat proper upbringing. And no it's not just this hotel, I've dealt with this sort of thing for the past 10 years now that I've been in the industry. Lord, has it been a decade?! UGH!

My current smalls project is another of Dragon Dream's Christmyth series. I was hoping to have it done by now but ended up going out last night to see Pirates of the Carribean:Dead Man's Chest. Not bad. Though in some parts I'm not sure which was more hilarious....the bits in the movie or the kid two seats down making comments to his father (sitting right next to me) Can't remember which bit but I'm sure he was thinking of the begining when he said it.... "Dad....you will cover my eyes during the scary bits right?" I'd say he was about 6 or 7 but I could be wrong. Got in late to the movie so missed the trailers but in time for the actual movie. But sitting exactly upfront and almost middle.....I thought I was going to be sea sick at times. But it was easier on the neck but not the nether regions.

I know I usually don't mention what I'm reading but I know some of you do. Since I've done a fair share of that recently as well I'll tell. But don't expect any reviews I don't do reports well. The book I just started is Guardian of the Horizon by Elizabeth Peters. I've almost caught up to her recent release so I'm quite happy. Unfortunately I got a bit of a sneak peak about the ending of this book after reading the back of the next trying to remember what the order was. Not happy about this. For those of you who read The Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling. You remember all the rumours that someone everyone loved was going to die? And tryng desperately not to find out before hand (or was I one of the few?) But found out anyway due to sneaky little cretins who posted it all over their profile pages and tops of websites. That's my reaction right now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Looks like your needles have been very busy :-) I love the cradle... and I am relieved that baby's name is not Floyd!

Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

those are two lovely little finishes!

Monday, July 10, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

The wolf project is stunning!!!
If you can, I'd like to be explained why a baby should not be named Floyd? (as a French native, these sorts of things are obscure to me...).
The cradle looks great, and I found the pansy alphabet in WOCS feb 2006 accidentally. So here's the reference!
I do relate to this feeling you have for reading the end -accidentally too... My interest definitely disappears then... I have avoided the Harry Potter quotes as much as I could so I never found out anything before reading myself...
I loved the kid story at the movies...
Have you been able to find the flag you wanted? Here, I've seen a few plastic ones -small, and huge fabric ones hanging from windows (should say stuck in closed windows).
Lots of hugs!

Monday, July 10, 2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your cradle is so cute! And good job on the rest of the projects. :D

I wonder if people are just obnoxious when they stay in hotels of if that is their normal personality? I hate people who make someone else's job harder just cuz they can.

I know what you mean about the book spoiler. I tried desperately not to find out who was done in in HP but I always did. Sometimes I think it was a good thing and sometimes not. It lessened the shock but stole the thunder.

Loved Pirates, couldn't stop laughing...did you stay till after the credits? ;)

Monday, July 10, 2006 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

ARGH! I get so annoyed when I accidently read a SPOILER about a book. I like to find out about a book & then enjoy it cover-to-cover. Oh well.

This Summer, I thought Water for Elephants was excellent. Easy to read, well written, and couldn't put it down :D

ok -- I wanted to tell you that all your charity blocks are wonderful. The wee cradle too. All the recipients will be pleased with your efforts. Your wolf is moving along, too -- should be quite stunning in the end.

Tacky guests. Their Mothers would be disappointed in their sloppiness & inappropriate behaviour!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home