EPK

Thursday, June 22, 2006

A peek at the Native American Museum DC






I ment to do this earlier, but other things got in the way. Stitch asked about the Native American Museum in Washington DC. The set up was nice. It has three floors and two stores (one is just for books), a cafe. My only problem with it was that there were no exhibits for the Northeastern tribes. There was a little on some of the plains tribes I knew a little about but most were tribes I was unfamiliar with. Most were Northwestern, Canadian, Alaskan, and not sure of others. The few places I did see names of the tribes here in New England were imprinted on the wall outside the ladies room. I was afraid after the second one what the male side would say. (the names were mentioned as having helped with the funding of the building) So Stitch it's a little late but here's some pictures.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Amanda, thanks for sharing! I have always been very attracted to these civilizations since I was a young child watching westerns on tuesday nights with mom and dad. I've always been on the Indians' side...
Take care, dear Bastet!

Friday, June 23, 2006 3:10:00 AM  
Blogger Stitch said...

Oh Wow Bastet!! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with me! LOL I feel special that you mentioned me in your blog..hehe :) Hmm..that is a bit odd that they didnt' have more representations of all the tribes of America..but maybe they are planning a West coast chapter?? That beadwork is exquisite!! I hope to make it up there one day...:)

Have a great day!

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Nice pictures! Our Passamaquoddy population and the other NE tribes seem to be overlooked everywhere, don't they?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home