EPK

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last minute stitches before 2007

Below you will find Scene in the Dunes a freebie from Wishful Thinking a UK charter out of Leeds, UK. This was done for a Beach Themed quilt for OECS. I had to fudge the greenary a bit since long stitches are not suitable for quilting let alone for the elderly. (don't want stitches to get caught when washing or being "patted". I think it came out well all in all. It was a bit of a chore, more than it looked, but eh... it's well worth it. And my last finished stitched piece for 2006 is a poem by Robert Burns. This is for a Scottish themed quilt for OECS. We already have two themes full and this makes a start of a third. Wasn't sure at first if I could do this one so I did up Leezy Lindsay. I just barely got this to fit as it was.

All I can say at this point in time is thank the goddess that this year is ending and and am trying desperately not to wish for better luck next year, the bad luck fairy is out to get me. (or whatever she/he is) Not going into any details so not to depress anyone, but these last few weeks have not been good. I'm at the point where I'm afraid to get out of bed in the morning.

On a lighter note. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and wishing you all a wonderful and bright new year!

Hugs to you all!!

Currently reading: A Play of Dux Moraud by Margaret Frazer
Currently stitching: Romantic Girl by Sue Cook

3 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Dear Amanda, I wish you a better 2007 then. I have lost all my email adresses, so I can't email you, but if you still have mine, feel free to contact me if you need to vent.
Your OECS stitching all this year sure has brought some pleasure to many people, you are such a nice and caring person. My thoughts are with you for things to improve.
Lots of hugs, my friend.

Monday, January 01, 2007 6:16:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Happy New Year!

((hugs))

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I love your latest finishes, Amanda, and I can well imagine the delight they'll bring to many nursing home residents.

Wish I were in Maine right now so I could maybe lend a hand - or at least a supportive shoulder - as you continue to go through difficult times. Do virtual hugs count?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home