EPK

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Brief update

This is a free pattern by Jenny Rasmussen. I added the name of the bird myself, so blame me for the crappy lettering and non-centering. In a few weeks this square will head over to England to jan for an OECS bird quilt. Also by Jenny Rasmussen, here are two Red-bellied Woodpeckers and a Quail with bird tracks. I added the tracks myself for this block, it looked too plain with just the birds.
A nautical bookmark, by the Stitch Witch. I've since cut it down and have the adhesive felt on the back but haven't decided if I'm finishing it off correctly or not.
This bikini by Maria Diaz will also find it's way across the pond to Jan for a Beach themed OECS quilt.
And here is May Flower by Gloria & Pat Inc. She's part of a series of bears one for each month of the year.



I've spent the last few months arguing with doctors, trying out med strengths, funerals, Rolling Thunder events, worring over friends and loved ones, work and basically trying to refocus the way I do things to not upset my back anymore than necessary. Burnt myself again yesterday, not as badly as Washington DC last May. I wasn't expecting to be out in the sun for the length of time that I was so I didn't wear sunscreen, Also didn't think it'd get that clear and bright. A dear friend did try to get me out of the sun at one point, but stupid me just looked at my arms saw light pink and told him that I was okay. Now if he'd said something about my face being quite red from the sun....I would've let him move me and the raffle table out of the sun.

I wouldn't have been sitting there if the charity BBQ I attended for a very sick little boy to help defray the hospital costs, hadn't had a lot of people back out at the last moment. Technically Rolling Thunder was just supposed to be there to help support the cause since the boy is the grandson of our chapter's president. But a few of us rallied together and helped where we could, others didn't know about it in time to cancel other plans. Didn't do as much as we hoped, but one of the people who backed out was supposed to have put up signs and things and it never got done, and the sign outside of the place we were at didn't say anything about the BBQ which had also been this one person's job to see to.

Anywho, I can't say when I'll be posting again, it all depends on what's going on at the time. but in the meantime I've actually done more than I posted above, but I took the fairly newer ones, sorta. Blogger still wouldn't let me put more than five even with small being checked. If you'd like to see what else I've worked on just head on over to my webshots account: http://community.webshots.com/user/blackcat1975

Lili, I got your comment but was unable to send an email, the one I had for you get the mail demon delivered to my box. If it wasn't for that I would've kept you updated. Things have gotten very hectic and worring. Can't explain some things in a blog and such, but it hasn't been a very good month in any respect. If I don't post a message to you with my addie by tuesday night just poke me with a cattle prod....once the nerve endings stop twitching hopefully I'll remember to post it. In other words remind me!

Okay, gotta get away from the computer, the back is putting up a major commotion. I've got to go and sit elsewhere to relieve the tension. Hugs to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, what a great surprise to hear from you!

Take care of that nasty sunburn, and good luck with the med strengths.

Monday, July 23, 2007 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I hope you feel better. I got a sunburn pn my shoulders and nose a few weeks ago that I didn't expect to get either. I didn't realize how strong the sun was. I didn't notice how red it was until I got ready for bed. I was wearing pink so my shoulders blended in with my top...lol. It's that Fair Isle skin again...lol.
You have done alot of stitching. They look great!
I've missed your posts. Glad you posted.
Take care. Gentle Hugs!!!
Mary

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home