EPK

Friday, December 16, 2005

Catch up

No progress photo tonight, didn't get much stitching time in, it still looks like a "disembodied tail" but a little longer. I'd forgotten how frustrating working with Rayon can be. I had orginally decided to keep it rayon to give the scales the shine they deserved, now..I'm just trying to keep from pulling too tightly. lili, I was going through the comments and noticed you'd mentioned not seeing my sig very well on the Shiny and Bright. All the sig is are my initals: AJH. Wished I'd been signing my projects a few years ago since some have traveled to the west coast.

Barbara, the family member is question has been having problems the last few years and something went amiss recently. So of course set the person back a little. But things are in good hands and it's being dealt with. It just makes things seem a little worse when it happens around Christmas time.

I'm not sure about everyone else, (I rarely watch live tv)but when I went to work this morning it was snowing to beat the band. Sometime during the day it turned to a downpour, flooding the streets and the sidewalks. The front of my building looked like it was starting a swimming pool for the birds and expanding. Now it's icing over. This will be fun when I leave for work tomorrow....As of this posting it's already 32 degrees. Does anyone know if it's possible to hibernate and still get paid? I hate the cold, you'd never know by my reactions to this weather that I was born and raised in snow country. Is it spring yet? (sorry, Maine doesn't have spring really, we have mud season) Thank-you Carol. I just got the Christmas Card. I love it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Glad to hear that things are in good hands - Christmas can really bring the monsters out of the closet for some people.

Rayon - argh! I've worked a bit with it (also on a dragon design) for the sheen, and I thought I would never get the stuff to stay in place.

Maine's mud season ... You know the mud is there to slow people down to give the no-see-ums (and later, the blackflies) a chance to eat well.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I've just signed a project for the 1st time, and chosen to stitch my initials simply, along with the year... Finally, that sounds the best thing to do. The project is this Twisted Oaks tree...
Take care!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

I must be one of the few people who dosen't mind rayon that much. I just get it nice and wet and off I go!

Monday, December 19, 2005 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home