EPK

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Outside My Window2

Got called off from work today, so I went out with a friend of mine and his son to help with Christmas shopping. I knew there was a reason I didn't like the mall around this time of year. Packed is an understatement. The one true highlight was having a chillata at Cinnabon. Mmmm good.

Okay, onto what I did do for crafting. I decieded(sp) to finish off Outside My Window by Lynn's Prints. Found out that cutting Aida is much easier. (this was done on Silkweaver's Spring Breeze linen) Actually didn't realize this was slightly crooked until I saved it to the computer...Oh well, live and learn. As before I took a scrap of the material I used for the backing to "highlight" the white cording. Was looking for a window frame type effect.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Excellent job - your ornament came out great!!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:44:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

i think it looks very nice!!! well done.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I used to work at the So. Portland mall, back when I was at USM. I am still thankful, all these years later, that I'm out of retail!

Your project came out beatifully. I love this design.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Yep! Great finish! Well done!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cardinals are cute. Are these birds really living in your country? I have never seen one in real life and wonder why they are so christmassy? Are they in a song?

Monday, December 19, 2005 2:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

It turned out great, even w/ the slight finishing mishap. Sometimes those things happen, but I find that after "resting" my eyes, that I don't notice the imperfections so much.

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautifully done! My friend Christin is stitching this one for her Aunt. I think she got some pear-like beads to go on it.

Yeah I hate the malls at this time of year too! They're dangerous... and can set my temper off too!

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

It looks wonderful :) :) Way to go!!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog-you're such a dear and I thank you :)
I sent you an e-mail regarding your e-mail :) :) :)

Have a wonderful Christmas, Amanda :)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home