EPK

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Santa-Corn

Here is the latest update on Guard This Keep by Dragon Dreams. I was getting bored with the dragon and deceided to start the border.
Sorry for the poor quality of Santa-Corn, this is such a small desgin. Santa only took a couple of hours to stitch. I'm thinking of outling his beard, but will hold off the decision till I figure out just what I'm going to do with him. For now he'll be joining the pile of yet to be finished off. Also, his eyes are french knots, I hate french knots, but for some reason, these two came out wonderfully and with no snags. I doubt I could do this again any time soon.
O Christmas Tree. It looks lovely, it caught my eye when I skimmed through the JCS Ornament magazine, but I'll tell you, I never wanted to toss a project more than this one, the green tree was driving me batty!

Thank-you all for your wonderful comments! Dani, pear shaped beads sound like a nice change of pace for the chart. Does using wet rayon affect the fabric at all if you have to frog? Like Barbara I also have a hard time getting it to stay put and behave itself when I go on to more stitching.

Barbara, you could never get me to work at the mall. It's bad enough I work at a hotel and deal with a bit of hostility, don't want to think of what it'd be like at the mall. Too many people for my tastes. As for the no-see-ums, luckily for me I live too intown for them to bother me too much unless I go visiting. Boy do they latch on. I hope this winter is cold enough to limit the egg laying. And stays dry as well. My problem are the skeeters. One finds me and invites all his friends and relations. Lili, got to see your twisted oak, post a picture sometime, please? I've only seen it once before on someone's blog, but can't remember who's.

Anneke, I've seen cardinals a few times. Both the male and a few months ago a female. Both by chance. They are native to the United States, but I am unsure exactly what regions. Also I have no idea why the cardinal is considered a christmasy bird, nor do I know of any songs with them in it.

I'm thinking of looking into one of those blog rollers I've seen on some blogs, it might help me keep track of who's updated and who hasn't. When I started this blog, I never expected to find so many kind people out there. Now there's a ton of blogs I love to read, but is difficult with so many.

Phew! I think that covered just about everyone. If not, i'm sorry. There were alot of nice comments for the last post and few more for some of the earlier ones. I've tried to remember who asked what or mention this to reply.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Your tree looks great! I'm also thinking of making this one, although the Twisted Oaks was clearly my fav. Now, if it's that boring, may be I won't... But it looks great! I promise I'll make a pic and post my Twisted Oaks soon.

I'm in love with this santa acorn! He has such sweet eyes! You've been clearly inspired on these French knots! Underlining his beard sounds a good idea. I'll wait to see it finished...

You're very lucky you saw cardinals. They are very special birds for us, Northern Europeans... I don't know either why they're considered as Christmassy apart from their wonderful feathers. I only know the story for the red robins.

People's hostitlity: we had this conversation with San the other day, as I suffer from a slight social phobia, with ups and downs: I feel people are strongly aggressive lately, may be it has something to do with the pressure of the end of year celebrations?

San uses those blog rollers, but I know they don't show everything as my new posts are not always mentioned...

This was a great post, Bastet, and it's so nice to find answers to our questions and so on... Hope my comment wasn't too long...

Hugs!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, you've been stitching a lot!! Love that Santa, he's so cute :)
O Christmas tree is lovely as well.

I just read Lili's comment and she's right - cardinals don't exist in Europe (at least not in France!) But they are so pretty, and I saw some when I was in the US 2 years ago... That's why I had to stitch Outside my Window as well! ;)

Congratulations on achieving so much.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:25:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I never minded the Maine mosquitos too much, but here in Holland it's perfectly normal to have them in the house right past Christmas. They love my daughter & me, too.

I work in the crazy world of software development now, and when it gets really hectic, I can comfort myself that at least I don't work retail anymore!

Your project pictures were great fun to see - thanks for sharing! You'll have to divulge what you did to get two perfect French knots. I hate those things!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love the ornaments! The tree is great, sorry to hear it was driving you batty. Your Santa is so adorable and hooray for great french knots. I have trouble w/ those too.

We have TONS of Cardinals here in the Midwest. They are one of my favorite birds. They bond with one mate for life, so it's not uncommon to see them together male/female. The females look a bit different than males, w/ more of a tan/red color and not the bright red of the males. My dad is an avid bird watcher and loves to feed the local birds...so they have loads of different types flitting around their house. My favorites are redbirds(cardinals), robins and bluejays. I've always heard that seeing redbirds is good luck. And I can only assume that they are associated with Christmas because of their color and the fact that you see them even in the winter. But I don't think I've heard of any Christmas songs associated with them. :)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Plenty of Cardinals in my yard...they are the most popular at my feeders :) :) :)

I love your santa and the tree...great job :)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Guard This Keep looks wonderful - I have that in my stash, and you are sure making me want to stitch it as soon as the right fabric appears!!! Wow - love it! Your Santa Corn is simply too cute, and the tree is also looking wonderful!

BlogRolling is a great idea - saves you the time of not visiting blogs that have not been updated :-)

Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home