EPK

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lynn Nicoletti's Hockey Bear


Here is Lynn Nicoletti's Hockey bear that is one of her freebies. He was a quicker stitch than I though he would be as well.

The funeral for Dave's uncle Earl was a very nice and short catholic office. I was totally lost and had to keep getting clues from other of his relatives and the people from the funeral home. I was raised Baptist, so alot of things were quite foreign to me. If it hadn't been for the torrental rain, it would've been just about perfect for someone who didn't want much fuss done for him. We ended up having an echo performance for the taps. Our first bugler had bailed out and the head of the group said he'd take over if no one else came forward. Well after he got there, another bugler from the group had shown up since he was in the area in case no one showed up, hence the echo effect. It was very lovely and yet haunting. Very fitting for an Army man who was just laid to rest next to his wife. Catching up with the family and meeting some I hadn't before was nice, though more problems in the family have arisin. Luckily I won't have to be involved with any of those and neither will my husband. But this family could use some good news just about now. Please keep Rachal in your prayers or send good vibes her way. She's 38 years old and has massive heart problems. she's in hospital now and the doctor's are doing all they can for her, but things concidered they can't do much for her.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

(((Amanda))) I hope the troubles in your DH's family will clear up and that Rachal's health will improve.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 4:54:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

You've been busy since I last had chance to go around the blogs, well done!

Elisabeth=)

Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Stitch said...

Hi Batset! Hope you are doing well! :) I am sorry to hear that you had to attend a funeral. Those are never easy to go to, whether or not you are family to the deceased. Prayers being said for you and your hubby and Rachel! :) May God bless each one of you and give you the good news you are looking for!

On a side note, the hockey bear is just darling!!! Congrats on the finish!

Have a great day! *BIG HUGS*

Stitch

Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

My thoughts are with you, Amanda! I got your wonderful mail, and it really made my day!
I am trying to send Rachal some "magical thoughts". My DH is 37 and also has severe heart problems, so I do relate to what she and her family are going through.
Take care!

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:56:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wishing you and your family a lot of strength with the problems you mention and with health issues. Take care!!!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:02:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Sorry to hear everything you've been going through ... {{hugs}} are coming from this side of the world for Rachel! :)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home