EPK

Monday, February 13, 2006

2 Final Finishes and a small finish

I stitched this last year and finally finished this off. I had orginally intended it as a christmas gift for a friend of mine (Pat) but things got a little hinky around that time, so I waited and gave it too her at a Rockapella concert on Saturday. During the time that I've known her she's always sent mouse christmas cards so I knew this would be a good one for her. Personally I don't like the border, but that's what happens when you have to upsize. (I buy pillow forms more than making my own) But over all, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.



Above is the Grumpy design I posted a few days ago, all set up in pillow form. I'm not sure if I'm going to put this up for a 50/50 raffle at the next Rolling Thunder meeting. (If the president lets me that is) If not I'll let everyone know that it's up for grabs. It's been awhile since I've made pillows, this goes to show, I need to brush up on it. Or at least on the ones that aren't square.
And here is my second charity square. This one is for a quilt that was requested over a year ago and there were no squares made. The person wanted an arsenal or football quilt. Found this pattern while click surfing. I've never been much of a football fan, English or American. So this one took a bit of effort to complete. Hopefully others will make the other 7. I'm not sure if I could stand doing this one twice.

Thank-you all for the wonderful comments on Guard This Keep! Annemarie, I've seen "Do Not Meddle" it's a very cute design. I also like "No late Knight Snacking". Patti thanks for the kind words, I hope she wins this round as well. Again I thank-you all for the comments on Guard This Keep. I really appreciated each and every one of them.

13 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

These mice are such cuties! They remind me of my gerbils! Do you remember the name of the pattern? I'd love to stitch this!
I think you finished it very well, I like the green fabric!
I need to finish lots of things as well... but it's not much fun to me... so I keep stitching new things...
Lots of hugs!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

This is all lovely, Amanda! I just love that pillow with mice. Believe me, you did a great job! :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Your finishes look great. Your getting me thinking about what I could do with a few of my finishes. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your pillows turned out great! The mice are so cute and who can resist the "grumpy" one? :D

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Those cushions are lovely :) You did a wonderful job :)

*Hugs*

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:46:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Amanda! Thank you for the information about the design!
I thank you for ever commenting on my blog: I'm always happy to see that you "came around"...
Lots of hugs!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:57:00 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

I love those cute mice! What a great design. And I don't see what should be wrong with this border? What a great way to finish projects. I never seem to stitch anything big enough for pillows of this type. Pity, 'cause it looks great.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Froggie said...

I love the mice! (I think I may have this chart in my stash...somewhere!) :) Great job on the finishing!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

Lovely pillows!! great job!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

Lovely pillows!! great job!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

You sounded exactly like me on the SBQ....so let me check this post have 14 comments and I am sure I am going to sound like someone..so a bit of something different...you can send the pillows to me as they are so beautifully made and cross-stitched. :)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your pillows are so cute!! I can't stop looking at your GTK - I just love it!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

VERY nice finishing, Amanda :) Congratulations!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home