EPK

Friday, February 10, 2006

Guard This Keep is finally FINISHED!!!!

Okay, try this for the fourth time. It seems that everytime I want to post this finish something goes wrong with blogspot. Yes I've finally finished Guard This Keep by Dragon Dreams. This is my first big finish since this past summer. I know the name isn't centered. Didn't notice till I'd gotten it completely done. Ended up not needing the extra green krienik, but it was close as was a few other colours. Definately didn't have enough of the Rayon to redo the name, but not bad for a first attempt of this sort.
I should try and remember not to post anything when full of cold meds. The evenweave pillowsham I saw at Walmarts wasn't a pre-printed kit. Just the sham, that Charles Craft had made for the freebies. In this household I'm the grumpy morning person. Give me an hour for basic conversation (understandable type that is) give me a bit more for the brain to fully wake up or at least it's version of waking. Seems there's interest in the pattern. Here's the link: Charles Craft go to the freebie section and the pattern is under pillow shams, I believe. There's about 7 patterns in all.
Von, thank-you for the Altoid tin finishing. That was one site I didn't look for it. Jenn, I have many projects going on at any given time. It's just that the big ones need a just stitch time. I don't seem to be able to work on them and watch tv at the same time. I can with the smaller ones, so you'll probably be seeing a bit of those here and there. I've just put Celtic Christmas on the stand. At the moment the theory is to work on her for about two weeks then switch off to Fairy Flora. I really don't want to start another huge project till I can at least one of them done.
At the moment, my second charity square is a little over halfway done and I'll be starting two projects shortly. One is a Sal needlebook for a yahoo group I belong to and the other is for someone I went to church with while growing up. She used to direct the church choir. I've recently found out that her cancer came out of remission. So I've found a pattern to make for her. Though I haven't seen her in some time, I still have very fond memories of her.

18 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Nice work on Guard This Keep! Congrats on the finish. :)

Friday, February 10, 2006 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks great and I couldn't even tell the name was off center till you mentioned it.

Friday, February 10, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

So glad you finished Guard - good work on a large project! :D

Friday, February 10, 2006 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

CONGRATULATIONS! IT looks great! I can also do small projects with TV company, but I tend to make mistakes with the biggies. Though my Lo-Ran magnetic chart thingies I got for Christmas help keep me in line! :-)

Friday, February 10, 2006 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Amy said...

Congrats! You did a wonderful job and I couldn't even tell it was off center.

I'm with you on the just stitch time for larger projects. I end up either messing it up or not paying attention to the TV and having to re-watch it lol I just pop in a Kenny G CD when I want to "just stitch" :)

Happy Stitching!

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Congratulations, Amanda :) WOOHOO! I have been waiting on this HD!! I will go get my Dancing shoes on now and dance for you :)
It looks Beautiful :)

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

It is stunning!! Congrats on your HD.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congratulations Amanda! Guard This Keep looks fantastic!! You must be so glad :)

Don't worry about the name not being centered - only you know it! ;)

Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Congrats on your finish. Awesome. Doing the HD with you.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Excellent finish!!! :o)

Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Congratulations on your HD!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks amazing!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Woo Hoo!

Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

Congratulations!! :) I've been watching the progress and don't worry about the name being off-centre. It is beautiful.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Love your dragon. Your very brave to even attempt a project like this. All that green would put me off before I could even start it, though I have a few Dragon projects in my collection. One of them says 'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crispy and good with Gatsup'. Now, there's one I couldn't resist!

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:12:00 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Oh my Guard This is absolutely stunning :) Well done on the finish.

*Hugs*

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:51:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

YEAH! I'm so so happily dancing! It is magnificent! Well well well done!
So now, Celtic Christmas? Can't wait to see her! The reds of her dress are fabulous!
Take care!

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Congratulations on your wonderful finish and I hope your friend wins her battle.

Monday, February 13, 2006 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Ooh, your Guard the Keep finish is wonderful ... sorry I haven't been over to see it before now! I'm sooooo behind on blogging. Thanks for all you supportive comments on my blog lately - you're a real sweetheart! I have to say, I'm like you in the mornings too ... you definitely don't talk to me for at least the first half hour - or if you do you won't get much response other than a grunt LOL. Your VS pocket is also beautiful, along with the SAL needlebook - even if you're not comfortable with specialty stitches, they look great :))

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home