EPK

Friday, January 27, 2006

What should I do with this?


This is by Lynne Nicoletti, called April Showers.


Orginally this was supposed to be my first charity square for OECS. I didn't realize till the red maple leaf came up that it was Canadian. (there wasn't a colour photo of the end result) The OECS is based in England. The question I'm asking all of you is this....Do I still send it over the pond or do I put it aside for some unsuspecting person down the road....



Guard This Keep by Dragon Dreams


I got my goal done, took some effort but did it! Got the membranes of the wings done all that's left there for stitching are the silver veins. Got some more of the border done, can't do too much more at the moment for the twists..started to run out of the green krienik, currently I'm waiting for the new spool to show up in my mail box. A little of the shoulder and the dis-embodied tail has now been connected to the back-ridge of the dragon.

Would've done more tonight, but my throat's all scratchy. Which for me means I've caught a cold. I had a feeling I was going to, it's been going around like crazy at work.

Okay seen this around the boards..here goes my attempt
amanda needs:
Mistress Stash Enhancer : Amanda needs (sorry, couldn't help adding this one)
Amanda needs to be loved
Amanda needs to step up
Amanda needs repair

didn't come up with much. We Amanda's must not need much..either that or we need to speak up and bit more.

I attempted Carol's approach, but it seems that Amanda's don't believe anything either. The closest I got was Amanda Believes. Barbara's didn't work either. Tried Amanda wants, after several other failed attempts and all I got was Amanda wants ABBA in delievery room.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my first attempts. Not bad since I didn't know what I was doing and was going by pictures I've seen on the differant blogs I visit. Dani, I don't think I'll be letting Mrs. Aikman Smith within 2 feet of my Guard this Keep... I'm not really having problems with the pattern so much as not used to working with Rayon so much. Well that and the typical human error. I'd be afraid she'd spot all the problems I've had. Kim, not only do I have Irish bloodlines, I also have scottish. The temperment can get interesting....

Night folks!

8 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

As for your Canadian bear, you could still send it (there are no doubt Canadians who've aged abroad) or you could look up another cross stitch charity that's looking for Canadian themes. Cyberstitchers had a "Calling All Stitchers" section with charity contacts. Good luck!

Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

GTK is looking good. I hope the green krienik shows up soon. Maybe the OECS would have a need for the square you did. Could you contact them and ask?

Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a great progress on your GTK!

That square is so cute, Jenn's advice is good - is there a way you can contact the OECS?

Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

GTK is looking awesome, Amanda :) :)
Thanks for sharing with us :)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I would still send the bear: Canada might make lots of people dream! Isn't it important!?
Your GTK is progressing fine!
Take care, half-blood Princess! (HP reference, but in French, it's called melted blood prince, so with Scottish and Irish, what else do we have Kiity Bastet?)
Lili

Monday, January 30, 2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think you should send it. I can't imagine it would be offensive to anyone? Would it? ;)

It's a cute pattern no matter, I love Lynne Nicoletti patterns, she's one of my favorites.

Your GTK is looking fantastic! The metallics are wonderful!

Scottish and Irish, that's a combo, but how about Irish and Cherokee? LOL That's what my mom is and wasn't she "fun" to grow up with. LOL, LOL

Monday, January 30, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hmmm.... your bear is cute! I don't know what you should do!! :-)

GTK is just so amazing!

Monday, January 30, 2006 11:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would still send the bear too. Ann.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home