EPK

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Guard This Keep once again

I would have thought you folks would be sick of Guard This Keep by now. But by some of the comments, you've written, you lot actually seem to enjoy him. Got a little more of the inner border done, the outline of the dragon's head, outer edge of the body and heading up towards the tail. The next time I sit down with him, i'll be doing alot of fill ins. The last two bits of membranes of his wings are high on my list and those will be done till backstitching. Now that little bit coming out from his head is the start of a front leg. I'm avoiding the tree at the moment, it's very boring to stitch.

Thank-you all for the wonderful comments on Souffle. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him yet. Though the little ducky was fun to stitch (once you got past the snowball effect) I'm glad he's finished and I can go on to something else. He'll probably end up in the to be finished off pile till I need him for something. DH thinks it should go into a kiddies frame. Though I'm not going to rush out and buy one when I'm not sure of a recipiant. So time will tell if I use his suggestion.

Amy, I haven't worked on Fairy Flora since either end of September or early October. I'm too lazy to go backtracking in the blog. I went through a bit of a funk when it came to the larger projects. I've only recently gotten back into them. Guard This Keep was supposed to be a Christmas gift for a friend of mine and then for his birthday (which is today), but the long stitching time for the biggies just isn't there yet. I'm working on it. When GTK is done I'm debating on wether I should stick Celtic Christmas or Fairy Flora on the stand and leave it. Before anyone yells at that....if there's nothing on the stand I won't be bothered to go digging. (for the small projects, I have a pile of 6 or so that I work through, keeps me from getting too far ahead of myself.) So for now the current project keeps yelling at me from across the small folding table while I watch tv till I go over and work on it for a little bit, or totally ignore it by heading into the other room and spending time on the computer or reading.

I'm going to a Rockapella concert tonight and We're leaving to do errands and pick up a friend in a little while so there won't be any work on GTK tonight which obviously is why I'm posting it now. Tomorrow night I'm hoping to finish off two things for Gail to try and make her happy for a little bit anyways. Both are first attempts so I'm not going to jinx myself by telling here.

Got a little unnerved last night waiting for my ride home. With the high winds and the rain...it looked quite surreal out there. With the tan-ish sky, lit up from the sun trying to force it's way through, the wind pushing not only the rain, but the puddles and sheets of water on the parking lot. It was almost like stepping into some of the old movies where the screens are rapidly going by. It was quite hypnotic actually....couldn't not stare.

Okay, gotta go and get my butt in gear if I'm going to get through the rest of the day. Have a good one folks! "See" you later.

12 Comments:

Blogger Litla Skvís said...

I love seeing progress pictures, never ever get sick of them!

It looks great!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Guard this Keep is looking great, I can see you've made good progress on it. This is a fun project that I never get tired of seeing. :D

I can sort of relate to what you said about the skies lately. We have had the pinkest most spectacular sunrises I've ever seen lately. It's just amazing. But I've also seen the kind of storm you are talking about as well and especially here in the Plains it's a surreal experience when one hits.
You know "Wizard of Ozish" LOL

Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Here, january storms are also starting I think: today's very windy and rainy, and the sun will never get to light this dull day... However, we don't know anything like your description here. It sounds "twilight zone"!
Have a nice WE, Bastet!

Friday, January 20, 2006 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

GTK is great - your friend will appreciate & cherish it when it's done!

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oooooo that is looking lovely. really enjoy watching this one grow.

Hugs xxxxx

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger gC said...

So this is where your blog is, bastet. Nice place! I have been meaning to come and take a look, and now I have. (Nice side bar quotes, btw.)

Love the look of your Keep project. Reminds me of the Dani The Stitching Dragon pattern I have that I will be some day stitching. (REALLY! Honest...)

Keep up the good work and have a happy stitchy day!

Friday, January 20, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You'll have GTK done in no time! I'm not sure what to do with little Souffle either. I think he would look good in a nice sliver frame. Mmmm I think I might even have one.

Friday, January 20, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I was just wondering about your Fairy Flora the other day... I am gazing over at mine on the wall right now... :-) GTK is so pretty!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

I for one, never get sick of seeing your progress!! keep it up!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

I love little Souffle, and Guard This Keep! Very nice work! i just got done reading your entire blog from the beginning, and am going to put you in my to read daily list! I look forward to seeing more of your stitching!
~Lana~

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I'm starting to worry, Bastet! It's been a few days since you last posted! Are you OK? Sorry but I can't seem to use your mail address. Here's mine:

nlanduyt@cegetel.net

just in case.

Lots of hugs!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Great progress on your DD design! Jennifer's stuff truly is a joy to stitch. Rarely do I ever get frustrated with her desings.

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home