EPK

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Praying for a Cure

I started "Praying for a Cure Pocket" by Victoria Sampler this afternoon and I'm quite pleased with it so far. Especially since I've never used perle cotton except in tying quilts, and the fact that I'm not good with specialty stitches but so far so good. I've got the outline of the rose buds to do and then there's a curtiany satin stitch band above them and the top half will be done. It's the bottom half that I'm leary on at the moment. The should look like this picture is way down near the bottom of the blog. I keep losing my side bar everytime I put new quizzes in. How can you get those things to shrink. I know it can be done, seen it, just don't know how. eventually this will find it's way to a wonderful caring person.
Here's yet another charity square. A freebie from Lynn Nicoletti's site. I added the border in, thought the panda looked a bit small. Got the Panda done in one afternoon. Went to visit Gail (the girl that fell and broke her ankle in the stairwell), while the kids were at school and brought some stitching with me. Got the last stitch in just as the little ones came crashing through the door. Their mum told them I was there before hand. I got bomarded with hugs and kisses from my godsons before they lost interest in me. And this was on Valentines day to boot. I'm not much into V-day, but I hadn't seen them in a few weeks. Oh, well, I guess they have to grow up sometime.

I have done some stitching on Celtic Christmas, but I don't feel as if enough's been done to warrant an update shot. Gotten wound up with some of the smaller pieces.

I've also been working on a Needlebook SAL with a yahoo group I belong to and found out that the second colour I put in was the wrong one. Boy, did that make me mad! I spent the last three days putting that colour in. It's now sulking in the corner with my Washington DC heart. I'll start frogging the wrong colour out tomorrow. At the moment I don't want to look at it.

Thank-you all for the wonderful comments on the pillows. All of you are very kind. My major fears have been lifted. I hadn't turned anything into pillows for so long. (The ornies don't count they're too small) And had never attempted a rectangle one. Annemarie, I don't like alot of white between the stitching and the border. But I was feeling horrible and quite moody when it came to put the mouse one together, and didn't feel like making a pillow, that i went out and bought the smallest pillow form I could find. Unfortuneately for me it was larger than the aida square. Finding the forms below 14-inches is getting hard.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Both projects are great! Love the panda! Sorry to hear about the wrong color, hate it when that happens.

Have a great weekend!

Friday, February 17, 2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Your piece looks great so far and I've found that VS gives quite good instructions for their speciality stitches so take your time. Or better yet, practice on a scrap piece first to get the feel of the stitch.

Friday, February 17, 2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Looking great, Amanda :)
I am sorry to hear about the mishap with the Needlebook-can't wait to see it though :)

Have a good weekend!

Friday, February 17, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Praying for a cure is a lovely piece. I can't wait to see the bottom part done.

I've had the same problem with my blog and oversizes quizes. I don't know how to shrink them. Somtimes after a while I just deleat them from the post so everything goes back to normal.

Friday, February 17, 2006 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

ohhh i love "praying for cure" ... don't worry too much about the specialty stitches.. just concentrate and you'll get it done beautifully.

Friday, February 17, 2006 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

You're doing a wonderful job with the specialty stitches!! I second the motion to practice those you are uncomfortable with on a doodle cloth. Sometimes the doodle cloth can turn out to be quite a work of art, lol!!

Friday, February 17, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi - what a great start on the VS piece - and another cute charity sqaure too :-)

Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:37:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I'm sorry about that wrong colour, Amanda... Hopefully, once you have frogged it, you will feel better... When that happens to me, I need to frog immediately, so my anger falls afterwards... Now, frogging three days' work might take some time...
This panda is such a cutie! No wonder it will be cherished!
Your VS project is so charming! I've discovered VS thanks to Von, and I do intend to give it a try!
Enjoy your WE!
Lots of hugs!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:38:00 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Wow! You have been busy, busy, busy! I like all your pillows! especially the one with the mice on it! cute, cute, cute!
~Lana~

Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

What a lovely project, its really cute - and I love all your stitching for charity - well done you!!!
Thanks for the comments on my blog about Picasa being confusing - so glad its not just me! I did (finally!) manage to get my photo sorted with photobucket which is a great utility. Take care xxx

Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home