EPK

Sunday, June 04, 2006

DC burns

I ment to post after I got back from Washinton DC. Unfortunately I played a few stupid cards while down there and came back with second degree sunburn over the fronts of both legs, burnt both knees right around, both calves front and back. Both arms from the socket down and part of my face. Later in the week one burn for some reason peeled early and am now dealing with some very raw skin and some burn blisters. So my stitching has suffered, or what little I was accomplishing as it was. That over with.

DC was a good outing again. Went two years ago and hope to go again in another two. Got to go to a few things we couldn't before, including the new Native American Museum, Jefferson Memorial (couldn't see the statue, I was already burnt at this point and didn't want to try and climb the stairs before the 9 hour drive home.) Actually got to see the statue of Lincoln this time round. Found the train station while lost.

Points of note: When we got to the turn off to our hotel we were told that we couldn't go up on the hill. Apparently a few hours before we arrived a congressmen had called the police about a gunman on Capital Hill. I know it made the news , but for those of you who hadn't heard, there was no gunman, the noise the congressman heard was the noise from a workman's staple/nail gun.
After the candle light vigil DH and I walked back to hotel, boy do things look differant at night. Some of the buildings have spot-lights on them and they look wonderful. Anywho, next morning on the news we hear that there had been a few muggings the past few days and the latest had been the night before and they said and showed the exact same area DH and I had walked the night before.

The rally went well, don't know how many bikes we ended up with but the Lincoln Memoral steps and surrounding areas were packed with people. I finally got the last of the 8 Deck the Halls done while sitting on the steps waiting for the rally to begin.

Perhaps a little later this week I'll post some pictures from DC and the rally, but right now I'm going to go tend to some wounds.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to my neck of the woods despite the burn. I always love going down to the museums, but don't get there enough despite living 45 minutes from the mall.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

You take care of yourself and those burns!!

Monday, June 05, 2006 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Ouchie mama! Do take care with those burns. One day I'd love to make lots of visits to the East Coast and visit all those wonderful places in DC, and New York, Massachusetts, etc. etc. :D

Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:40:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Hi Amanda! I'm sorry about those burns! I had some very tough when I was pregnant with Daphné, as I'd fallen asleep in the sun for three hours. Awful! I still remember those. Needless to say that my very white skin (red-haired girl originally) suffered and came back to white afterwards... Well! I hope yours turn tan at least!
Thanks for sharing your visit to Washington, this is a dream for us...
Take care!

Friday, June 09, 2006 3:31:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Hope your sunburn is easing off now - it's so painful, isn't it? Fairy Flora is looking beautiful :D

Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home