EPK

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Healing and more Pictures

I believe this was taken outside the treasury. Announcing what the new ten dollar bill will look like. Took this while resting on a bench.
Mommy duckie herding her little ducklings. This was taken in the reserve (?) just behind Jefferson Memorial. This was fairly early in the morning and boy mommy didn't want anyone taking photos. As soon as DH had the camera out and aiming, she herded them right up by the wall. When she thought it was safe we got this.
Photos from a BBQ at a member's friends house.
Here's the line of bikes outside the host's house for the BBQ. I belive there are also a few more bikes just before Don.
This is me before the burns and no there is no photos of me during. At the moment the burn itself has tamed out and is peeling. At the moment and not sure how long...I'll be healing from the early skin peel and the burn blisters. My calves look horrible at the moment. Still hurting but not to the extent when the burn was still in full force. Won't be wearing shorts for some time to come. My Rolling Thunder Chapter didn't know I'd burnt myself, the president was told by DH Friday and tricked me into letting the rest of the group know who'd been to DC with us and explain to the ones who weren't. That vest I'm wearing is what saved my back and shoulders from getting the same treatment as my legs or to the lesser degree that my arms and shoulder cuffs got it. The shirt is similar to the type I had on as well.
Since DH took two photos of me in front of the Native American Museum I'm not sure if I'm squinting due to the sun, boredom, or both. I hate photos of me, but this one didn't seem half bad. Some of the other members have gotten some half decent ones of me as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sasha Farina said...

oh.. lovely photos! Thanks for sharing :)

Monday, June 12, 2006 3:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That burn sounds painful! Glad to hear you are healing from it. It's amazing how quick the sun can zap you.

The pics of DC are great! Looks like you had a great time. :D

Monday, June 12, 2006 5:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Your pictrues came out great. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. It was nice to see the picture of you. I always like to be able to put a face with the name. :)

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Glad to hear your sunburn is getting better.
Enjoyed the pics of your trip greatly and especially loved seeing one of you!

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

So nice from you to share all this!
Though I'd leave you the burns. This lovely pic of you helps me even more relate to the pain of your burns!
Lots of hugs!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Awesome to see the piccies - I just loooove the ducks one ... and it's great to see one of you to put a face to the name - makes it more personal :) Looks like you had an awesome time! One of the girls at work takes off with a group on their bikes regularly and do road tours all over the place - they have a blast :)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home