EPK

Monday, June 12, 2006

It's over, her pain has ended

For those of you who have been following what remains of this blog, June Hayes (the wonderful lady I made the Praying for a Cure pocket for) past away. Her only son was lucky enough to have been at her bedside at the time of her death. I wasn't able to go to the funeral, but was told that the church was over flowing. Her pain has finally ended. The good Lord had deceided that she had done enough here and took her home. Apparently she was ready to go until almost the end when she thought of quite a few people who still needed her. She never did much for herself, and actually made herself sick a few times tending to others. May the angels in Heaven make sure that for once she is taken care of and only has to worry about watching her loved ones from the window beside her mother. (who died while i was in Jr. High. She had Lupus before they really knew much about it and battled it more or less on her own)

I also found out this afternoon that a former co-worker of mine from a few years back passed away almost a month ago. I'm not sure which is worse.....knowing someone is dying, finding out in the paper or from a friend about a recent passing or finding out years later that someone you knew is gone. I've been through them all.

Love and Hugs to you all! I may not be around the blogs as much as I'd like, but I do think of you all. Ask my DH .I will see something or hear something and it will remind me of one or more of you. Wether it be a favorite sports team, a new design memo I get, group or what not. And I will tell him that so and so likes this designer, or I can just imagine what so and so thinks of how this game turned out etc. I haven't forgotten any of you, it's just my visits at the moment are very few and far between. Keep safe.

9 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

However it comes to us, loss is always difficult. I pray God's peace will rest upon you and the families of these friends of yours.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

I am sorry for your losses. (((hugs)))

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:28:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Very sorry to hear of your losses. I hope you're taking care of yourself.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:38:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Amanda, my thoughts are with you. I hope June is just the way you described now: this would be so wonderful.
Please, pray for my mom if you can (see my blog).
Take care.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.

thank you for sharing all your lovely photo's recently it is always nice to see photo's of other country's and hearing about what it is like living in another country.

Take care

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh Amanda, I am so sorry. She is in a better place now, that is clear. But this is just so sad. Thank you for the update. You were wonderful to her! {{{Hugs}}}

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, but you write of the situation very well - it brought a lump to my throat. Don't worry about not blogging - I did the same thing recently, as you know, and we're all still here when you come back :) {{hugs}}

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

I'm so sorry for your losses sweetie.. *hugs*

Friday, June 16, 2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Measi said...

((( hugs ))) I'm very sorry to hear of your losses.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home