EPK

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Honey Bee Bear

I've finally gotten off my duff and stitched this cute little bear for OECS. Don't know who designed him but he is cute.
Here's another square that was stitched for OECS designed by Maria Diaz. It's even brighter in real life, I thought I was going to go cross-eyed.
Here is the latest installment of the Fairy Flora saga. I've just found the the top of the design area with a couple of stitches on her wing that's behind her.

I ment to post last week but was waiting for details on how the Toy Drive went in Sanford last Saturday. Found out that this was the best year yet since putting on the drive and that we made over 3000 dollars! Surprised doesn't even begin to cover it. I left shortly before noon and it was only 500. During the meeting this past sunday we made notes for next year. Me I got sunburnt again during this drive, but who would've thought about putting on sunblock in October when it had only been about 65 degrees without wind. Was quite tired by the time DH and I left, but then again......I had all rights to be. I was sent out to the corner with two flags to dance with the hopes of bringing in more money. (No this was not my idea).

This past weekend I felt very short at work. There was a convention held at the hotel for a group of Beanstalks (a club for tall people). The tallest person there was 7 foot 4 inches! The majority of the maids is about 5'4".

Last Monday was the last offical day for our foreign workers, so we had a pizza party with cake. Between the tears and hugs there ended up a huge cake and icing fight. Luckily I didn't get much on me, but you would've definatly looked at us a bit strangly if you'd walked into the ladies room while trying to wipe icing off of uniforms and out of hair. We had two who were patriotic, they had the red hair, with blue and white frosting. And to make a note for the future....coloured icing does not do wonders for the nose, gives a whole new meaning to the words...seeing a rainbow, and that frosting and sweat don't mix. Not sure which was more disturbing.....hearing this or being the witness to most of it. But we had fun!



What I'm reading: The Summer of the Danes by Ellis Peters
What I'm listening to: Cruxshadows

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Sounds like you have been VERY busy, Amanda!! It's great to hear that the RT toy drive was such a success. :D And your OECS stitching is great!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:34:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice stitching as usual, Hope all is well with you. Naomi

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cute finishes!
Congrats on the toy drive.
FF is really coming along!
Happy Stitching!
Mary :-)

Monday, October 22, 2007 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home