EPK

Monday, December 26, 2005

Guard This Keep Update



Okay, here goes, the top border is a little over half way, so this really makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. The border outline is in Rayon and the twists inside are all krienik. Fun, Fun, Fun.... (sarcasim in case you missed it)I also started the word harm, got all but the long line of the h. won't look like much till the backstitching though.

and this is my smallish project for when I'm watching TV. It's called Holly and Ivy. I'm not sure off the top of my head which British cross-stitch mag it came out of, but it was either the christmas or december issue. (ooo, forgot to let Carol know that I did get the mag with Santa flying over differant cities, had to go to NH to get it though, and ended up picking up two more mags)

Christmas itself went well. Got to my mother's a little early, but she didn't mind, and it gave me an oportunity to look at her new wall space (first time I've been in her effancy apartment) And found that the orginal presant (On Butterfly Wings) I had for her will fit and I can now give it to her on her birthday. Gram was asleep by the time we got to the nursing home, so I wasn't able to see her expression on the sweater DH and I got her. It's black with sequin snowflakes down both sides of the buttons. We figured it would give her some added attention, and that the sparkles and coloured variations would keep her amused for a little while. Though I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to take a photo of her this christmas (actually I don't have an updated photo of her since i was in jr.high) Not so much to remember how much she's gone downhill, but since this may be her last christmas, it may not either, but only time will tell from here on in. At my MIL we had a nice small meal of ham, potatoes and carrots. She got me a giftcard for JoAnne's, since I do crafts as she calls it. Hey, it gives me the extra for fabrics (backings, etc) and those "hard to come by at the moment" flosses so I'll check here type. I actually visited my half brothers on Christmas Eve, but boy did they like their giftcards, not as much (money wise) as last year, but they still got enough to get a new video or cd or something, their ages just don't allow for me to pick them up anything, well that and not knowing what everyone else is gettting them.

Went to the hotel that DH works at and took over one of the hottubs, not there was many others there. Did a little good, can't say alot, the cold doesn't do my back or knees any good anyways. But the agony I put my back through a few weeks a go was alleviated more. (there was one spot that just wouldn't ease up, still don't know if it's from the "injury" or from my "it's cold so I'll sleep curled up tightly in a ball all night" stiffness. I'm opting for the second, I sleep fetal anyways but in winter it's worse. (I'm also very sensitive to changes in temperature)
Spent the rest of the evening playing Lineage 2.

4 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

It sounds like a nice Christmas, getting to see all kinds of family members.

For your back, have you tried some sort of stretching exercises? I do Pilates and boy-oh-boy what a world of difference it has made for my back (which has bothered me since my teens).

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Wow what great progress on you WIP and what a cute robin, I love em lol.

Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas, we had a fab one with our boys.

All the best for 2006.

Hugs xxxxxx

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 4:32:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Hi Amanda :)
I hope your back is feeling better :)

Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas :)

Your progress on GTK is looking GREAT! You go!
And I can't wait to see the Holly and Ivy as I am not familiar :)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Oh I love this ivy and holly project! I almost started that one, but decided to try and calm down upon new projects... Too many wips actually! I love red robins, and so does my dad so I stitched one for him last summer for his birthday (september). He was so delighted, and I enjoyed stitching it so much, I really want to make another one... I have to RESIST!!!

Your guard this keep looks the kind of project you can be especially proud of when achieved...

I hope your back is getting better, mine aches so often. In France, when you're fed up with lots of things and tired, you say that your back is "full". I guess some of those pains do come from my head, which doesn't make it less painful anyway...

May I make a suggestion? When I make a comment on your blog, I wish I could display your message at the same time so I don't forget to comment something, in particular with long posts. This is what I do on Karen's blog, as I want to say so many things and forget half of them on the way (may be it's better finally?...). Is it possible?
Take care, Bastet!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 4:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home