EPK

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Dragons and Robins!



All I have left on this is to finish up the back-stitching! Either I've been watching a lot of tv or this was an easier stitch-up than I thought. Not sure what I'm going to stitch after this one. The debate right now is either Souffle or Vermillion's Fantasy Bear Wizard. (I already have about half of this series stitched up)


Haven't done much on Guard This Keep, though I did manage to finish outlining the letters I have completed. This leaves me one line of wording and one and a half letters for the quote. Now if I can just sit my butt down long enough hopefully in a few days I can get the other half of the border done, finish the quote, and start on the trees behind the dragon's tail.

Jenn I'm glad you figured out my username. Sometimes I forget that not everyone knows who or what she was. Though thanks for the link, I found a few things I didn't know or had forgotten.

I had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Went down with a friend of mine to a local bar called Slainte, (sorry don't know how to put the til-dae(sp?) over the e) to bring in the new year with an irish band (Rakish Paddy)who are also friends of mine. Not too crowded, but not exactly empty (smallish place)I've been a "fan" of Rakish Paddy for a little over 10 years now, so I'm not fond of when they start asking for requests. If no one yells one out, I get singled out to quickly come up with something.

New Years day was a differant beast altogether! The day from H*** we call it. Sundays are bad enough as it is, but adding New Years didn't help matters. I even had the distinction of having the most trashed room in the hotel, beat out the girl who had a room that the guests broke the toilet tank. Horrible day! Today we finally got all the rooms back on market (except the toilet room)from Sunday. Sorry for the partial rant (trust me I could do more) but there are some days that just irk me about my job and most of it has nothing to do with co-workers or management (those tend to be day to day stuff that most if not all places have problems with or what have you) But let's just leave it at... it's probably a good thing I'm not in Public Relations....it wouldn't be pretty.

9 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Sorry your New Year's day sucked. I hope the rest of year is excellent. Your progress on the dragon project looks great!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Hi Amanda :)
GTK is looking great!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Wow both projects are looking great, can't wait to see the robin backstitched.

Hugs

Kathy xxxxxx

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Both projects are looking fantastic! The holiday bird is so pretty, I can see why you stitched it so fast. :D

Sorry to hear about your New Years day, why people think they need to destroy property to have a good time is beyond me.

Sounds like you had a good time at the pub though!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Happy New Year Bastet! Love your Dragons Project, its looking good. Ali xx

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I give... who is Bastet? I always wonder about that! Or, should I do my own research (a challenge is a good thing!)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are great pieces you're working on! I really need to stitch a large DD someday soon!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:24:00 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Hi Bastet! Your robin is very beautiful! I wish you a lot of courage to achieve this kjebf ckj backstitch!
Sorry to read that people can be such "assholes"! As one of my fav writers said "l'enfer, c'est les autres" (hell is the others).
Hope your stitching helps you relax!
Take care!

Friday, January 06, 2006 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I see your problem!! Your Guard This Keep photo in your side bar is tooooo big, you have to size it down to around 150 wide or less... then your sidebar will return :-)

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home