EPK

Monday, November 12, 2007

Major Fairy Flora Update


Here is Gloria & Pat Inc's July Vacation, she will be joining Pansy, May Flowers, Jasmine and Snowy January in a quilt for OECS. I'm currently working on another bear from this designer.

And here, at long last Fairy Flora with only the beading left to do! I've actually started the beading on Saturday night, am working from bottom upwards and have the beading done in the purple edging of her dress and have just this evening started beading in the pink edging. When I've gotten a bit more beading done I'll post another picture, but in case I forget you can always check my webshots page, I tend to update the pictures for that more than this blog. The link is over on the right had side of the blog.

I hadn't realized how long it had been since I posted till I got an email telling me that Mary had commented, and realized by the title that I'd done a bit since then. Thanks Mary for the head shot!

Seriously though, this colder season has really hit me hard. I've never been known to deal well with winter, but since the bad burn the other year I've had more trouble with cold and with extreme heat. The last few weeks I've been fighting with my sinuses, arguing with the chest cold that keeps trying to weedle it's way in for the season, going round for round with my pillows at night trying to get comfortable only to mostly wake in the morning with a tension headache for my trouble. Which brings up the most important of all, when I don't feel well I don't eat much, which we all know doesn't help one to heal. I really have to force myself to eat or the stomach has to speak up with defiance.

Other than that I've not really been doing much beyond stitching though what else is new. Did attend the Veteran's Day ceremony yesterday in Sanford, didn't get much of a crowd. But all went well anyways. I still say it was due to the ceremony being on a Sunday, but who am I to know much about anyone's belief systems? Am thinking about attending a Pearl Harbor Ceremony here in Portland in a few weeks, will have to speak with my boss to see if she can give me the day off, which will shock her since it's not a weekend day as it usually is. (for me to ask for days off to do Rolling Thunder activites)

Barbara thanks for the advice for the bookmarks, I've got plenty of scrap material, and if I run out of a colour I think may look good, I can always go to JoAnn's after work and pick up a fat quater pre-cut. which will eventually help with the occasional quilt I make.

Mary thanks for the comment!

Hugs!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

WOW! My eyes are just bugging out at how beautiful Fairy Flora is!!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Mom said there's even already been snow up her way. Winter is here, like it or not. We're having a lot of freezing rain, which isn't too fun either, but it's definitely nowhere near as cold as Maine. Take care!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:39:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Fairy Flora is stunning! Good luck with the beading:)

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home