EPK

Friday, May 29, 2009

Celtic Christmas Update





Haven't worked on Celtic Christmas in quite some time. I'm quite happy with the progress I've made since deciding to finish the Lady first before worrying over the border.






So far this year I have finished the following in no particular order (all of these were patterns I got from British Cross-Stitch mags):



Tatty Teddy builds a snowman. My first Tatty Teddy project. Doing the backstitching on this one darn near drove me bonkers.




Somebunny To Love. This guy was a cutie but a nerve wracking, piece. Probably was all me.






Tuscany. By all that's holy and unholy! I thought this piece was going to be easy....wrong! It's pretty straight forward, but all those endless lines of one colour! There is a companion piece to this one, but I am NOT going to stitch it. I don't have much sanity left and I'm just about sure that the companion piece would just about drain me of what's left. It got done, eventually, but it got done.
Oriental Cranes. I loved working on this piece and am quite proud of the outcome.




A quick stitch compared to the others and boy did I deserve an easier piece. And it's also a Companion piece to Oriental Cranes.








I know I haven't been on blogger for a long time. It all started with getting a new computer and realizing that I had relied to much on the computer remembering all my info for me. Then the proverbial S**T hit the fan and there was going to be nothing but horrid news from there on in. That being said. The major sad factors since I've been away are: my female cat Angel passed away 25 May 2008 after a brief illness. My MIL passed away 31 January 2009 of basically heart failure. There is alot more to her story from Christmas Eve till her passing, but since I didn't post as it was happening I'm not going to now. It was horrible, messy, trying, exhausting etc. The worst of it being that she was the first person I was there with as they passed. I've only recently gotten over most of it.




Good news: Went to a major Multi cultural convention this past september and had a blast. Went climbing all over battleships in Battleship Cove. One of my godsons took up the violin this year at school. (he has to give it back at the end of the year, since it's only a lender). Another godson sold the most items for his school's fundraiser and won the prize he wanted. But since none of the people he lives with or uncles knows anything about mp3 players, guess who has to make time to go down and show them? (this wouldn't have been a problem if they had let me know at the time he recieved it, it would've been done already) Even with the economy the way it is, I still have a job and still trying to play out guess the gm when I can.






I'll see if I can remember to do a few posts with some pictures from the last year or so. But don't count on regular posts. My days have been quite hectic.




What I'm Reading: Wicked By Gregory Maguire


What I'm Listening to: Blutengel


What I'm working on: Summer Archway by John Clayton

3 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Hi ya!
I'm so sorry about your mil and all the trauma it seems to have been for you...
Sorry for your cat too. It's always hard to lose loved ones -whether humans or animals- and I do find it hard to make life go on myself...
Beautiful stitching, I really love the cranes. Celtic Xmas too...
Sending you a billion hugs,
Lili

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

OMG, you're back?! Your blog just showed up on my bloglines and my jaw hit the keyboard. I'm very sorry to hear you've had some unhappy times in the past ... 1 1/2 years (?) but you sound like you're coping REALLY well with everything. And what a TON of stitching you've done!!!

Saturday, June 06, 2009 5:02:00 AM  
Anonymous patternnuts said...

I love your work. I have a bunch of the Tatty Teddy charts, but havne't gotten to actually starting one... One Margaret Serry project is still in the hoop untouched- hee hee.

Great to read about another southern Maine stitcher!

:)

Friday, December 18, 2009 9:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home